Description of Speechify - Audio Text Reader 4009 chars
You can LISTEN faster than you can READ
Speechify is an intelligent text-to-speech audio-reader that turns your reading material into interactive audiobooks so that you can save time, retain more information, and stay focused. Like your own personal reading assistant, Speechify can read books, documents, and articles while you cook, work out, commute, or any other activity you can think of.
"I am literally going to start crying at how profoundly amazing and revolutionary this is for me" - Chandler
"I suffer from A.D.D. and between this app and Audiobooks I have never felt more empowered... please know you made a real difference in my life" - Bill
• Listen to articles, PDFs, digital text, or physical books AS AUDIO.
• Listen with HD voices and 50+ languages.
• Toggle your reading speed up to 900 words per minute (~5x faster than sight-reading).
• Scan physical book pages with your device camera.
• Import internet articles straight from your mobile browser.
• Integrates with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
• Sync audiobooks across your devices both Mac and Web.
LISTEN TO ANY TEXT, ANYWHERE:
• Import online articles, PDFs, clipboard-copied text, or even photos of physical book pages, and listen while Speechify reads your content to you in the highest quality digital voices available anywhere.
PERSONALIZE YOUR LISTENING EXPERIENCE:
• Listen to your content with any of Speechify's HD voices or 50+ supported languages, and find the perfect reading speed that works for you. Read along with Speechify's interactive reading interface, or simply lay back and listen!
SAVE TIME, RETAIN MORE, GET MORE DONE:
• While the average sight-reading speed is approximately 200 words per minute, Speechify users quickly learn to listen to 400 words per minute or faster, doubling their reading speed. Speechify's reading screen highlights each word as it reads, and academic research shows that listening and reading at the same time results in significantly higher levels of comprehension.
PERFECT FOR USERS WITH READING DISABILITIES:
• Originally created as a solution for Speechify's founder's dyslexia, Speechify now empowers tens of thousands of users with Dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, anxiety, concussions, and other reading disabilities to breeze through their readings and engage with their curiosities.
SYNC YOUR LIBRARY ACROSS DEVICES:
• Download Speechify for iPhone, iPad, and Google Chrome at speechify.com, and your library of audiobooks will sync across all of your devices.
We created Speechify so that reading is never a barrier for anyone again. Designed to help people with dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, concussions, and other reading disabilities, Speechify now helps hundreds of thousands of people to consume their reading content with ease. From those with reading disabilities to auditory learners, productivity fanatics, second language learners, hobbyists, and more, we love all of our users and strive every day to create a reading assistant that empowers them to read more and succeed in life. We can't wait for you to join the family :)
- Happy Listening & Much love, Cliff Weitzman, and the rest of the Speechify Team.
• Get access to Speechify's HD natural reading voices with Speechify Premium on either a monthly, quarterly, or annual plan. Speechify's cutting edge HD voices use natural human inflection to help you stay even more engaged with your readings.
After a free trial, the total amount for the subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal at the total subscription price within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed or canceled via your iTunes Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://speechify.com/terms/
Speechify - Audio Text Reader App User Reviews
What do you think about Speechify - Audio Text Reader app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Speechify - Audio Text Reader!
Please wait! Facebook Speechify - Audio Text Reader app comments loading...
Speechify - Audio Text Reader Pros
✓ Life changer for uni studentsOne of the best apps I have ever purchased - I wish it had existed sooner! I’m an MA history student and used to find myself constantly drowning in reading but speechify has made it all completely manageable and pleasurable. I’d highly recommend it for anyone who reads slowly or learns faster having things read to them. For students it is a game changer and honestly worth every penny. I used to spend hours a day staring at my laptop screen but now I can listen to my reading while on a walk or in the car. Additionally, the HD voices are amazing (so lifelike) and I love the variety available. The ability to convert photocopies of books or articles completely surprised me. The words, despite being blurry on the original scan, were converted into digital text perfectly and read out smoothly. The only improvement I could think of is creating the ability to delete repeated text automatically, as I find the publication information at the bottom of pdf book pages gets read out repeatedly throughout - this can be a annoying when listening in podcast format..Version: 2.4.2
✓ Amazing AppI used to travel by public transport and caught up on my reading during the journey. However, I changed jobs and had to drive to work instead. I immediately missed my daily articles and updates. So I looked around the App Store and stumbled upon the Speechify app. It has been a revelation! I can’t rate it enough. I now use Speechify in the car, at the gym and even on holiday; be it on the plane or sunbathing..Version: 1.9.31
Speechify - Audio Text Reader Cons
✗ Too many bugs to justify £135 a yearAs per advertised, I want to use this app for scanning books and turning them into audiobooks. But this app is clearly not designed for that, and seems to be more focused on just reading text that you paste in. Issues with scanning books: - It cannot handle text indentation. Sentences will get completely jumbled up. - It cannot detect and remove page numbers or text at the top and bottom of pages that doesn’t change (like chapter information) - It doesn’t understand words that are split over a new line and tries to pronounce them as 2 different words. It’s almost as if it just runs a very simple image to text program and then dumps the whole thing into a document. I can do that for free, I was hoping the app would be a bit more intelligent than that. There are also numerous bugs scattered throughout where stuff just doesn’t work like editing the title of a book is totally broken. There are so many errors. It just makes the app feel clunky and until this is addressed I cannot justify cancelling my audible subscription. Which is a shame because this is exactly what I need. I’d love to be able to read books that haven’t had an audio version created yet..Version: 2.8.0
✗ It’s a great app but not for the priceYearly it’s $139, monthly it’s $11 something, which really isn’t so bad for someone who has the extra money to spend on things, but for someone who is a college student on a tight budget, this app is a bit difficult to pay for. I think the app has good potential for the people such as myself who do have learning disabilities. It’s a lot easier to be able to hear the text other than having to read it and then also remember it after that. I have ADD and Dyslexia and it’s extremely difficult for me to read and process things on my own. It takes me ages to fully read and understand a full chapter of a book, but I feel like this app has a lot of potential. I think the price should be set lower so that more people would be more interested in it. The reason why I found this app was because I saw an ad over it, when I saw it, I instantly wanted to try it. But as I found out the pricing on it, I was a little bit bummed out because they don’t even have a version of it for free. I’d enjoy if there was a free version where you couldn’t do as much like change the voice and whatnot. Honestly, it’s so difficult to find apps or programs to use for text reading. Maybe someday there will be an app that won’t be crazy expensive but works just as well..Version: 2.4.4
Is Speechify - Audio Text Reader legit?
✅ Yes. Speechify - Audio Text Reader is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 58,818 Speechify - Audio Text Reader user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Speechify - Audio Text Reader is 92.5/100.
Is Speechify - Audio Text Reader safe?
✅ Yes. Speechify - Audio Text Reader is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 58,818 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.6/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Speechify - Audio Text Reader is 93.0/100.
Speechify - Audio Text Reader Screenshots
Product details of Speechify - Audio Text Reader
- App Name:
- Speechify - Audio Text Reader
- Speechify Inc.
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- EN FR DE HI IT JA PT RU ZH ES ZH
- App Size:
- 245.14 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 02 March 2017, Thursday
- Last Update:
- 18 August 2021, Wednesday - 01:33
- IOS 13.0 or later
We update the Speechify app as often as possible to make it faster and more reliable for you. Here are a couple of the enhancements youll find in the latest update: - Design Update - New scan functionality - Default books - Squashed some major b....