Description of Obscura Camera 4200 chars
The best camera is the one you have with you. But what if that camera was improved with pro features, a gorgeous interface, intuitive controls, and was always with you?
That camera is Obscura.
Obscura is designed to make it fast and easy to capture stunning images. Whether you're shooting in portrait or landscape, the Control Wheel fits into your hand perfectly. You won't be fumbling around trying to capture a photo when you're in a hurry – everything is accessible with one thumb. Finely tuned haptic feedback gives the devices a sense of physicality, so you can feel every adjustment.
You can shoot in a wide range of formats:
• RAW - capture more details and allow for a greater amount of flexibility when editing.
• HEIC - a new image format that uses advanced compression for high quality files at smaller sizes.
• JPEG - You can never really go wrong with JPEG, can you? It just works everywhere.
• Live Photo - combine high resolution photos with video clips that bring your images to life.
• Depth - allows you to apply exciting portrait mode effects and more.
Obscura includes a bunch of gorgeous filters to add style to your images.
There are 19 included filters, perfect for a wide range of scenes.
• A Sepia filter unlocked by sharing the app with friends
• A Black & White filter pack, including 8 filters. Especially good for dealing with low light and striking architecture.
• An Analogue filter pack, including 7 filters. These work great for giving a cinematic look to your images.
Other Camera Features
Obscura has all the features you expect in a great camera app, including:
• Flash control
• Shutter Timer
• Spirit Level
With a single swipe you can browse your library.
But Obscura doesn’t just have a simple image browser, it’s much more powerful than that. Here’s what you can do:
• Edit - Apply Obscura’s gorgeous filters to images you’ve just captured (or images from other, lesser camera apps). You can save the filtered image as an adjustment, or as a new copy.
• Share - There’s a good old share sheet, so you can share with your friends, and open images in other apps.
• Copy - quickly copy an image to the clipboard, so you can share it with ease.
• Favourite - Mark an image as favourite. Simple.
• Hide - Not every image is for everyone to see. It’s cool. We get it.
• Delete - Goodbye forever little photo.
• Trash - Obscura has a neat little feature where you can add photos to a special trash album, so you can delete them all in one go. Efficient.
With a wide range of customisation options, Obscura works your way. You can change the effects of gestures, secondary capture formats, and even the app icon!
We believe that your personal information belongs to you. Obscura doesn’t collect any information about you, so there’s nothing to share with third parties, nothing can be hacked or leaked, because we don’t have it. We think that’s best for everyone.
The only data we see is the opt-in analytics that’s automatically collected by iOS. See more about it at apple.com/privacy
Obscura has a Notification Center widget, which makes it quick and easy to access the app from the lock screen.
Press firmly on the app icon on your home screen to quickly jump to some of Obscura’s features.
Not all features are available on every device :(
Focus Peaking - requires iPhone 6 or newer
RAW capture - requires iPhone 6S or newer
HEIC capture - requires iPhone 7 or newer
Depth Capture - requires Dual Camera (iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X)
Advanced Haptic Feedback - requires iPhone 7 or newer
Made by Ben Rice McCarthy
More info at
Obscura Camera App User Reviews
What do you think about Obscura Camera app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Obscura Camera!
Please wait! Facebook Obscura Camera app comments loading...
Obscura Camera Pros
✓ Wow!!How did I miss this app! Love the options and quality. Thanks Ben for the very professional app. The stock photo app is hidden very far away!! 5 Stars!!!! Only wish I could purchase all the filters as a group instead of individually..Version: 1.1
✓ Great start!!Seems to be a great app so far! Seems to have some odd scrolling glitches. Being able to custom resize photos would make this perfect one stop shop for photos!!.Version: 1.4
Obscura Camera Cons
✗ ConfusedI have been trying out this out and just a few minutes ago I was using the depth mode and when I pressed the focus button that app crashed and closed itself 3 times. I am being fair with my rating based on the fact that I like the app but the crashing of this app is disappointing. I even purchased the extra filters so I would love to use this app more. I was looking for a way to contact the developer but when I press app support it takes me to a website that says 404 error found or something like that. Once I get this issue resolved I will change my rating based on my future experience with the app..Version: 1.0
✗ A bit confusingI just downloaded this last night and purchased the analog filter pack and I’m having a little difficulty getting through the app and using it. Is there any tutorial on how to use this? I would love to try it but I’m having issues using it. Thanks so much!.Version: 1.0.1
Is Obscura Camera legit?
✅ Yes. Obscura Camera is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 671 Obscura Camera user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Obscura Camera is 82.4/100.
Is Obscura Camera safe?
✅ Yes. Obscura Camera is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 671 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.1/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Obscura Camera is 82.9/100.
Obscura Camera Screenshots
Product details of Obscura Camera
- App Name:
- Obscura Camera
- Ben McCarthy
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- EN FR DE JA ZH ES ZH
- App Size:
- 85.01 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 24 May 2018, Thursday
- Last Update:
- 20 June 2021, Sunday - 09:05
- IOS 11.0 or later
One of those classic Bug Fix updates..