What is GoSkyWatch Planetarium? Description of GoSkyWatch Planetarium 3619 chars
Easily and quickly identify and locate stars, planets, comets, constellations, galaxies and more by simply pointing to the sky. Your personal telescope to the wonders in the night sky. Go outside and explore with GoSkyWatch Planetarium.
***** As seen in Apple's iPad 2 event
***** Featured on ABC's "The View"
***** Featured in "Wired" magazine
No in-app purchases! One download for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. We don't think you should pay twice for the same app on a bigger screen.
--- What People Are Saying
"Powerful and easy to use, with excellent animation and the widest zoom range." — D.Schroeder, University professor
"GoSkyWatch Planetarium should not be missed regardless of whether you are a casual or hard-core fan of astronomy." — AppAdvice
"I have more than 10 astronomy apps on my iPhone and this is by far the best. Everything I need and easy to use." — Pat, iTunes reviewer
--- What makes GoSkyWatch different to other apps?
• Easy to use — No buttons to press or modes to select, just point to the sky to start exploring.
• Designed specially for efficient outdoor use.
• Touch free identification — Information pops up on screen as you move. Great for those cold nights with gloves on!
• Popup images — No need to keep zooming in and out just to see what is out there.
• Full 180 degree display — See at a glance what is in the sky and where without having to pan around.
• Don't need to hold level — Displays the sky view and information at the correct orientation when held at any angle not just landscape or portrait.
• Gyroscope compass auto calibration — No need to calibrate the gyroscope. Advanced adaptive algorithms for smooth and accurate positioning.
• Planets shown with relative brightness to stars — No oversized graphics that prevent you from distinguishing a planet from surrounding stars.
• Unique target identification — Touch drag scheme for greatest accuracy since your finger doesn't hide what you are trying to identify.
• Minimal on screen text — Stars and planets easier to identify since they are not covered by text.
• On screen object name, brightness and distance
• Contains all stars visible to the naked eye
• Light adjustment for viewing conditions
• Red light mode for night vision
• Touchless navigation even for the iPod touch without a compass.
• Looking for a planet, star, comet, constellation or galaxy? Just use the finder and let the arrow guide the way
• Search stars and DSOs sorted by name, distance or magnitude
• Moon phase calendar
• Sun rise/set times
• Day, sidereal and time lapse animation
• Over 200 images of planets and deep sky objects
• Messier and Caldwell catalogs with images
• Actual image taken of the Milky Way
• Below horizon display
• Look back in time with the birthday star search. Find out how old you were for the star light seen.
• Constellation images, boundaries and patterns
• Solar system, star, comet, DSO, constellation Wikipedia
• Ian Ridpath's constellation StarTales
• Interactive graphical ephemeris
• Planet, star, constellation and DSO ephemeris data
• High performance graphics
• Easy setup using auto location or built in city list
• Location favorites
* No internet connection required. Internet optionally used for auto location, viewing Wikipedia information and StarTales.
Many more enhancements to come as free updates.
Free International Space Station real time tracking and viewing opportunities available with the companion GoISSWatch app.
GoSkyWatch Planetarium App User Reviews
What do you think about GoSkyWatch Planetarium app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about GoSkyWatch Planetarium!
Please wait! Facebook GoSkyWatch Planetarium app comments loading...
GoSkyWatch Planetarium Pros
✓ Great appThis app is very well done. I use it to all the time for astrophotography planning. It is very easy and convenient to use. My only request would be that they add more deep space objects but all the major targets are there. All and all good stuff..Version: 9.4
✓ Great for kidsMy kids and I got a big thrill out of this app. Point to the sky and learn. Good clean cheap fun! Still learning about it, but very good even at a basic level.Version: 4.6✓ GoSkyWatch Planetarium Positive Reviews
GoSkyWatch Planetarium Cons
✗ Love the app but...every time i reset my phone (about once a year) its impossible to find the app to re-download it. Goskywatch is not categorized under stars, stargazing, star watching or even “sky”. So it always takes me 10 minutes to remember the un-memorable name of the app. Which apparently isnt searchable in the app store unless we all remember the apps name..Version: 9.2
✗ Poor valueFor £3.99 all you seem to get is the comets compare to the free version the app works well just expensive for what you get..Version: 9.2✗ GoSkyWatch Planetarium Negative Reviews
Is GoSkyWatch Planetarium legit?
✅ Yes. GoSkyWatch Planetarium is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 9,494 GoSkyWatch Planetarium user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for GoSkyWatch Planetarium is 93.6/100.
Is GoSkyWatch Planetarium safe?
✅ Yes. GoSkyWatch Planetarium is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 9,494 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.7/5. AppSupports Safety Score for GoSkyWatch Planetarium is 94.6/100.
Should I download GoSkyWatch Planetarium?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes GoSkyWatch Planetarium a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
GoSkyWatch Planetarium Screenshots
Product details of GoSkyWatch Planetarium
- App Name:
- GoSkyWatch Planetarium
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- DA NL EN FR DE IT JA ZH ES ZH
- App Size:
- 98.89 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 31 January 2019, Thursday
- Last Update:
- 09 August 2020, Sunday - 22:07
- IOS 9.3 or later
- Added tap to expend telescope view - Added tap compass button to toggle motion control - Updated icons - Fade out home bar - Fix to manual location coordinate entry - iOS Updates.