Description of Notability 3063 chars
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
Notability App User Reviews
What do you think about Notability app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Notability!
Please wait! Facebook Notability app comments loading...
✓ Best note taking appPleaseee get back to the previous UI. This one is small and not beautiful. Awesome app. Would you please add ruler, triangle, and protractor? Or just a ruler that shows the angle too. Something like what MS OneNote has. This will be a great feature for this awesome app. Thank you :) Finally some important issues were addresses. Thank you. Now you deserve 5 stars. This is an old comment: I left this comment Zillion years ago! And nothing has changed! The horizontal pagination is so important. It can make this app a very professional ebook/pdf reader. And please integrate it with iCloud, so you can have access the files on icloud. Now we just able to make a backup on icloud. Older comment: Everything is perfect, but would you please add a horizontal single-page pagination like other pdf annotators. It's very difficult to read big pdf files this way. Would you please also add a scroll button/bar to scroll fast through the file? Also, it would be great if the tool bar becomes hidden if you tap the screen. Thank you :).Version: 10.2.4
✓ Excellent application, everyday usage by meI’m an academic (astronomer), and as such, an integral part of my work involves paper and proposal revision, writing research notes, doing calculations, etc. When I decided to get an iPad to more efficiently do all this work, I thoroughly researched apps that could facilitate this work; that’s how I found this app. Notability allows you to do all of the above in an efficient and intuitive manner. You can easily share annotated documents, papers, calculations with other collaborators (eg, via email or cloud-based storage like Google Drive), organize your work documents, quickly access them —- basically, Notability made all that I needed and ever wanted from a tablet to happen. No more printed papers with annotations, no more scanning documents to sign them, no more ‘in which notebook did I derive my calculation’ —- all is well organized within the app. I thank the authors of the app for it! It has made my work much more efficient. In this pandemic era, I even use the app to share some live-calculations with students whenever needed (ie, use it like a whiteboard), and then I share the notes I created with them..Version: 9.3.5
✗ Poor templatesPlease include the option of adding external templates permanently.I know there is the option of importing templates but that is useless..Version: 10.3.3
✗ Very average performance and zero supportI’ve used this app for a few years. Since about 18 months ago I noticed it’s sluggish. Recently it takes forever to download from the cloud - even though I never erased anything and it should all be on the device. Help document says it’s because your iPad has no storage, which is BS as I have LOTS of free space on my device still. I’ve sent in 3 tickets to support about the issue and have NEVER heard back. I suspect Gingerlabs is happy with getting their money for an average app. I’ve started using GoodNotes now and finding that is awesome. UPDATE: after 2 attempts to contact support I got a “it’s not that bad” type response and a “see you later”. Not the kind of support one expects..Version: 9.4
Is Notability legit?
✅ Yes. Notability is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 147,372 Notability user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Notability is 93.2/100.
Is Notability safe?
✅ Yes. Notability is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 147,372 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.8/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Notability is 94.7/100.
Product details of Notability
- App Name:
- Ginger Labs
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- DA NL EN FR DE ID IT JA KO MS NB PT RU ZH ES SV TH ZH TR UK VI
- App Size:
- 395.60 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 01 April 2010, Thursday
- Last Update:
- 03 September 2021, Friday - 19:52
- IOS 13.0 or later
*** What's new in 10.5.1 *** - Fixed a performance issue with multi-window *** What's new in 10.5 *** - Added support for multiple windows - Now maintaining color when converting handwriting to text - The currently spoken word is now highlighted whe....