- 94.6LEGITIMACY SCORE
- 96.1SAFETY SCORE
- 4+CONTENT RATING
What is Amex? Description of Amex 3759 chars
The official American Express App for iPhone allows you to access your Account from anywhere. Track spending & rewards, find offers, review your balance, pay your bill and enjoy features only available in the Amex App. Touch ID and Face ID login (on supported devices), gives you quick, safe and secure access. Make the most of your Membership with the speed, security and convenience of the mobile Amex® App.
SECURE ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
• Enhanced activation experience for you to confirm new Cards and setup your Account.
• Activate your Credit Card for Apple Pay in the Amex App, then simply unlock, tap and pay.
• Freeze and unfreeze your Credit Card instantly at any time.
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR SPENDING
• Check your American Express Account balance, pending transactions and sort charges by amount and date.
• Go paperless with access to past PDF statements.
• Turn on AutoPay to pay your Amex bill automatically from your bank account each month.
• Check your spending power. Enter an amount for an expected purchase and you’ll see if it’ll be approved. Approval based on account status at the time of request
• Filter transactions to see spending and subtotals for each card on your account. For Basic Card Members Only.
PROTECTION WITH REAL-TIME ALERTS
• Turn on purchase alerts to be notified when your Credit Card is charged.
• Receive instant fraud alerts if suspicious activity is detected.
• Never miss a payment with payment due reminders.
• Manage all your notifications in the Amex Account tab.
EXPLORE REWARDS AND BENEFITS
• View your Rewards balance and find ways to use Membership Rewards® points* - from gift cards to credits on your statement.
• Use points to cover your eligible charges via a credit on your Account. *
• See personalized recommendations for other ways to use points.
• Refer a friend and earn rewards when friends and family get an American Express Card through your referral. For eligible Card Members only.
AMEX OFFERS *
• Discover offers from places you shop, dine, travel and more.
• Explore a map of nearby offers.
• Get Amex Offers notifications direct to your device.
• We’re here to chat 24/7. Start a chat with us in seconds and revisit conversations any time in the app.
We’d love to hear from you! Stay in touch with us using our social media pages: Twitter: @AmericanExpress
Send & Split® enhances the way you send money and split purchases with other Venmo and PayPal users, all in the American Express app.* Now you can pay friends with more flexibility and without the standard Venmo or PayPal credit card fee§. You can also seamlessly split your Amex purchases with others and get paid back directly to your Card as a statement credit. Best Part? You’ll be the one to earn the rewards for the purchase you split. Enrollment Requirement. Terms Apply. § PayPal may charge a fee when sending to non-US recipients.
The American Express® App and app features are available only for eligible Card accounts in the United States. American Express® prepaid Cards and Cards issued by non-America Express issuers are not eligible.
To log in, Card Members must have an American Express user ID and password or create one in the app.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
*To see the full Terms and Conditions, copy and paste the following link into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the page: https://amex.co/AmexApp-Terms
Amex App User Reviews
What do you think about Amex app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Amex!
Please wait! Facebook Amex app comments loading...
✓ Misleading and screwed me over!!I am a recent customer of this so called “professional” company. I signed up for their “bonus offer” of 75,000 miles if I spend $3000 in the first 3 months. In the first month I spent over $4000. I message them to make sure I qualified and they tell me yes and that I should receive the points soon. 3 months go by and no points. I contacted them to see what’s taking so long, they tell me I haven’t qualified and that the threshold has passed. What?!?!?! Then they tell me they will open an investigation and it will take 6-8 weeks. I’m flying to my honeymoon in 6 weeks and needed to book my flight with my bonus miles and now I’m screwed. Definitely don’t sign up for their offers unless you have over 6 months to deal with their bull!!! Will be cancelling my card for sure!! Can’t believe I paid a $200 annual fee for this crap!!.Version: 6.19.1
✓ Customer since 1986 and well pleased!For 37 years now I have used this card with no issues. I feel very good about their security measures. On 2 or more occasions they have called me to verify a charge that appeared in another state and I was surprised at the speed they check suspicious activity. I use this card for all on line purchases. If the seller doesn’t accept AMEX I pay with PayPal that is linked to AMEX or I buy from someone else. I feel very safe using this card. They were also the 1st credit card company to grant me credit. I will carry the card to the death. Another big plus is where you can add your kids at 16 years old and they in turn have a credit file. This helped both my kids when they got out of college and we never had to co-sign for them.l.Version: 6.63.1✓ Amex Positive Reviews
✗ Great for credit card, managing multiple bank accounts could stand improvementsGenerally, this is a great app for managing your Amex credit card. I recently opened American Express rewards checking and high yield savings accounts. I like how the bank accounts can be managed from the same mobile app as my AMEX credit card, though transferring funds between those accounts can be idiosyncratic, having to “withdraw” money from the checking account to make a deposit into savings. Why not just a transfer button and then select the source and recipient accounts? My biggest gripe is that mobile app still defaults to taking me straight to my credit card account summary. Most of the time I amusing the app, I’m wanting to check my bank account balances first, so having to back out to the account/card selection screen is pretty annoying. I would prefer the app open to the account selection screen where I can choose which account to access instead of the app deciding for me. If AMEX could implement these changes, I’d give the app five stars..Version: 6.63.0
✗ Great App, but don’t stop there.A few things I could mention that could bring this app to 5 stars - I would integrate apples current FaceID update to allow for pin entry when it detects a mask. Currently, the app will simply say that “faceID is not detected” it’s something small that can make a huge difference because I’d rather not take off my mask in stores when I want to get into my app, and I’m sure I speak for many people when I say entering and remembering passwords are tedious. Additionally, I would update your app to allow for dispute submissions, status and resolution directly on the app instead of having to clog up your chat. It’s available on your website, just port it over to the app. Finally, I would put something to allow for better reward tracking and pending rewards on the app itself instead of having to go on your website. Additionally, I know this is probably more a hit on Delta and not American Express, but you do have a partnership with their Credit Cards so, have better communication with them and their/your cards. It gets annoying when I have to flip flop between apps and websites to see and track my rewards. Finally you could have a kind of Minimum balance calculator for the Pay it Plan it. Sometimes I’m scared to use Plan it because Im scared my next months minimum due will go from 35 to 350. ...which is fine, id just appreciate the heads up when/if it happens..Version: 6.32.0✗ Amex Negative Reviews
Is Amex legit?
✅ Yes. Amex is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 3,161,245 Amex user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Amex is 94.6/100.
Is Amex safe?
✅ Yes. Amex is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 3,161,245 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.8/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Amex is 96.1/100.
Should I download Amex?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes Amex a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
Product details of Amex
- App Name:
- American Express
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- App Size:
- 180.84 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 31 March 2010, Wednesday
- Last Update:
- 17 May 2023, Wednesday - 21:33
- IOS 14.5 or later
- Chatting with our Customer Service team? Now you can minimize your chat and return to it easily from anywhere in the App. - There’s a new way to make the most of your Platinum benefits. Now you can track progress on your enrolled benefits in the Me....