What is Amex? Description of Amex 3759 chars
The official American Express App for iPhone allows you to access your Account from anywhere. Track spending & rewards, find offers, review your balance, pay your bill and enjoy features only available in the Amex App. Touch ID and Face ID login (on supported devices), gives you quick, safe and secure access. Make the most of your Membership with the speed, security and convenience of the mobile Amex® App.
SECURE ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
• Enhanced activation experience for you to confirm new Cards and setup your Account.
• Activate your Credit Card for Apple Pay in the Amex App, then simply unlock, tap and pay.
• Freeze and unfreeze your Credit Card instantly at any time.
STAY ON TOP OF YOUR SPENDING
• Check your American Express Account balance, pending transactions and sort charges by amount and date.
• Go paperless with access to past PDF statements.
• Turn on AutoPay to pay your Amex bill automatically from your bank account each month.
• Check your spending power. Enter an amount for an expected purchase and you’ll see if it’ll be approved. Approval based on account status at the time of request
• Filter transactions to see spending and subtotals for each card on your account. For Basic Card Members Only.
PROTECTION WITH REAL-TIME ALERTS
• Turn on purchase alerts to be notified when your Credit Card is charged.
• Receive instant fraud alerts if suspicious activity is detected.
• Never miss a payment with payment due reminders.
• Manage all your notifications in the Amex Account tab.
EXPLORE REWARDS AND BENEFITS
• View your Rewards balance and find ways to use Membership Rewards® points* - from gift cards to credits on your statement.
• Use points to cover your eligible charges via a credit on your Account. *
• See personalized recommendations for other ways to use points.
• Refer a friend and earn rewards when friends and family get an American Express Card through your referral. For eligible Card Members only.
AMEX OFFERS *
• Discover offers from places you shop, dine, travel and more.
• Explore a map of nearby offers.
• Get Amex Offers notifications direct to your device.
• We’re here to chat 24/7. Start a chat with us in seconds and revisit conversations any time in the app.
We’d love to hear from you! Stay in touch with us using our social media pages: Twitter: @AmericanExpress
Send & Split® enhances the way you send money and split purchases with other Venmo and PayPal users, all in the American Express app.* Now you can pay friends with more flexibility and without the standard Venmo or PayPal credit card fee§. You can also seamlessly split your Amex purchases with others and get paid back directly to your Card as a statement credit. Best Part? You’ll be the one to earn the rewards for the purchase you split. Enrollment Requirement. Terms Apply. § PayPal may charge a fee when sending to non-US recipients.
The American Express® App and app features are available only for eligible Card accounts in the United States. American Express® prepaid Cards and Cards issued by non-America Express issuers are not eligible.
To log in, Card Members must have an American Express user ID and password or create one in the app.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
*To see the full Terms and Conditions, copy and paste the following link into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the page: https://amex.co/AmexApp-Terms
Amex App User Reviews
What do you think about Amex app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Amex!
Please wait! Facebook Amex app comments loading...
✓ Need more safetyIt will be 5 stars if The Amex app has the same feature as Capital One and that is the instant lock feature. So if you ever want too lock your card for any reason you can by opening the app and taping the lock button which will make your card inoperable until you unlock it. Amex does this buy you have to do it on a laptop and the lock only lasts a week! With my Capital one card I can lock it within seconds on my cell! All credit cards should have this handy important feature! For now I only know of Capital One and Discover card that has it and for all other cards you have too go through the inconvenience of calling in and wasting lots of time too get an rep too lock it while all that time is being wasted your credit card could be used fraudulently if lost or stolen..Version: 6.17.1
✓ Partnering with Stores to use PointsWhat a terrific holiday shopping experience this year with Partnering with Walmart to utilize my accumulated points. Having several 100,000 points I was able to purchase for kids array of wonderful gifts for their new apartments, beautiful contemporary dining room set, bar stools, sofa, appliances and kitchenware, bedding, rugs and so much more. I was so surprised at Walmart's Partners and the "Quality" of manufactures products including Free Shipping. I was able to try out Walmart's Jet service which I am now a regular at purchasing everyday household products delivered to my door in 2-days free-of- charge at what I believe are Club Store Pricing. Terrific Job AMEX, you made my holiday spending so enjoyable..Version: 6.11.0✓ Amex Positive Reviews
✗ I wish I could give this app 0 starsMy partner and I have a joint account and it is impossible to understand who should be paying what amount through the app. When you tap “Make a payment” the only options that appear are for the account as a whole, without any clarity around which charges are whose. What makes this even more confusing is that I’m not able to view the charges made by my partner. I see only my charges and then a total that includes both of our charges, and if I want to pay for just my charges I have to manually add them all up (or wait until I’m at my desktop computer and use the website). This makes the app entirely impossible to use to make the appropriate payment amount, which is the primary reason I downloaded the app. The website isn’t that much clearer but at least it totals up my charges for me, even though it took a lot of comparing my account with my partner’s account to even figure out which numbers meant what..Version: 6.3.0
✗ Scrolling glitch yet to be correctedFor many months now there has been a scrolling glitch with the app that I tried reporting using the contact protocols in the app but after more than a couple of updates the problem still exists. For users with more than one Amex card on their account the home screen lists all of the cards vertically and the user can scroll up or down thru the list to select which card details to access. On an iPhone 11 Pro Max five cards fit on the screen. The problem occurs when there are six cards or more in an account. The screen does not scroll past the fifth card. It gets glitchy or twitchy, I don’t know the technical term, but it won’t actually advance, it flickers and resets so that the sixth card never advances onto the screen to be selected. As I mentioned previously this issue has been going on for some time now and so I am writing this here in the hopes that someone will read this and pass it along. Thanks..Version: 6.34.1✗ Amex Negative Reviews
Is Amex legit?
✅ Yes. Amex is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 2,909,254 Amex user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Amex is 94.6/100.
Is Amex safe?
✅ Yes. Amex is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 2,909,254 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.8/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Amex is 96.1/100.
Should I download Amex?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes Amex a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
Product details of Amex
- App Name:
- American Express
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- App Size:
- 176.72 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 31 March 2010, Wednesday
- Last Update:
- 15 November 2022, Tuesday - 23:15
- IOS 14.5 or later
We’re constantly making improvements to help ensure you have the best experience. In this release we focused on bug fixes and enhancements to make the App faster and more secure. Thanks for using the American Express App.