Description of SkyView® 2380 chars
SkyView® brings stargazing to everyone. Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, and more!
Over 2.5 million downloads.
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, this app is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“SkyView is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® and let it guide you to their location and identify them. SkyView® is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find all 88 constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate every planet in our solar system, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sighting Events: schedule alerts for upcoming celestial events.
• Apple Watch: see what objects are visible tonight and how to spot them using your Apple Watch.
• Today Widget: brand new iOS 8 today widget lets you quickly see upcoming celestial events.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Comprehensive: Includes thousands of stars, planets, and satellites with thousands of interesting facts.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
SkyView® App User Reviews
What do you think about SkyView® app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about SkyView®!
Please wait! Facebook SkyView® app comments loading...
✓ Amazing and addictive!Its an amazing and addictive app! I cant stop watching our beautiful planets and their alignments..Version: 3.5.1
✓ Awesome AppGreat app, better than all of the paid apps. I’ve been using it for years and use it nearly every night..Version: 3.6.1
✗ SkyViewThis app sucks. Can I get my money back? It doesn’t work. Stuck on the same image..Version: 3.6
✗ Cool and informative, but could use a few thingsI initially tried the SkyView Lite with my son after buying him a telescope a few weeks back. My initial thoughts of the app were great (still is) as you can point up, down, side-to-side and behind you and find what’s out there. This gets me dizzy and somewhat lost when trying relocate the object through the telescope. A few nights back, we went to a viewing event and found another similar app (stellarium) which did not have (could be user settings) all of the constellation artwork pop ups and things getting in the way to try and find certain nebula and various other objects. His app simplified with a real-time view (potentially used a light pollution map) of what’s visible by the eye, to help find objects. He also did not have to point the app up, he held it at ground level and was able to match the stars visible currently to the eye, vs holding up the phone and getting lost within all the stars in the sky with your app. Long story short I found some settings in this app to remove the pop up constellation artwork and reduce some of the stars, planets and satellites, however I’m not able to eliminate the point up to see option. Is there a setting for that in this app? I would like to hold the phone flat like I’m texting and see a real time view of what’s viewable with my eye, vs getting dizzy with the moving and spinning of the app..Version: 3.6.1
Is SkyView® legit?
✅ Yes. SkyView® is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 4,648 SkyView® user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for SkyView® is 87.6/100.
Is SkyView® safe?
✅ Yes. SkyView® is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 4,648 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.5/5. AppSupports Safety Score for SkyView® is 89.6/100.
Product details of SkyView®
- App Name:
- Terminal Eleven LLC
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- App Size:
- 77.42 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 10 December 2010, Friday
- Last Update:
- 10 January 2020, Friday - 00:05
- IOS 12.0 or later
This update addresses minor bugs present in iOS 13..