Description of GarageBand 3830 chars
GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 14 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch*
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions**
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists***
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud*****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
*** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
**** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
***** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
GarageBand App User Reviews
What do you think about GarageBand app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about GarageBand!
Please wait! Facebook GarageBand app comments loading...
✓ Almost perfectOk so I’ve been using GarageBand seriously for 3 years. And I’ve enjoyed making beats on it. I truly have. I think it just needs a little bit of adjustment. One thing I request is to add in a saxophone sound. I’ve been trying to make a chill beat with a saxophone in it and I’m not gonna buy a saxophone for this one beat. Another thing is to have tuned drum kits. For example, in the FL studio you can use a hi-hat sound, but it on a piano roll, and make a cool effect where if you make a quick chromatic sequence, it has a cool ascending hi-hat sound. I have one last request. Auto-tune. Now you don’t have to, but it would be a cool little feature to have on GarageBand. Like say I were to record me singing one note, say middle C. I would like for that note to change into other notes. Like if I recorded myself singing the note C, and the word “office”, and both syllables were on beat, each syllable could be different notes, or to make it more complicated, divide the syllables by twos, threes, fours, fives, sixes and so on and so fourth. Ok that got complicated. I just wanted to get the specifics about a possible new auto-tune feature. But so far the app is great I just request those three things. Have a great day!.Version: 2.3.7
✓ Great but it won’t let me download it.So when I first clicked on the app I thought it wouldn’t be much but then I thought wrong. I immediately got addicted. Then I woke up and saw the app not on my iPad. I searched everywhere how to get it back. Then I updated my system software and search in the App Store, AND ITS THERE! I start jumping. I then click the cloud and look at it download. The circle didn’t even fill up? I cancelled the download again and again. And it still doesn’t let download it...Version: 2.3.8
✗ Good but a few drawbacksIt’s a good and well made app don’t get me wrong however this game is absolutely MASSIVE this takes up wayyyy too much storage, just to download the app I had to delete over 100 photos and videos and several apps. I personally think there are some rather unused features which could be removed to help with this also the application can be pretty laggy and crash at times especially for people like me who have a slightly older phone. On a side note I personally think it’s quite confusing and hard to navigate sometimes which is quite off putting for new users but that might just be me. But nonetheless it’s a pretty solid app and fun to mess around with or to make genuine music with. it works, and once you get the hang of it, it is very good..Version: 2.3.8
✗ Sucks nowIt was great but I can’t use it anymore.Version: 2.3.8
Is GarageBand legit?
✅ Yes. GarageBand is legit, but not 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 62,806 GarageBand user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for GarageBand is 77.4/100.
Is GarageBand safe?
✅ Yes. GarageBand is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 62,806 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.0/5. AppSupports Safety Score for GarageBand is 79.4/100.
Product details of GarageBand
- App Name:
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- AR CA HR CS DA NL EN FI FR DE EL HE HI HU ID IT JA KO MS NB PL PT RO RU ZH SK ES SV TH ZH TR UK VI
- App Size:
- 1.53 GB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 10 March 2011, Thursday
- Last Update:
- 13 July 2021, Tuesday - 16:56
- IOS 14.0 or later
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.