What is Snapchat? Description of Snapchat 2122 chars
Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with your friends and family
• Snapchat opens right to the Camera — just tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video.
• Express yourself with Lenses, Filters, Bitmoji and more!
• Try out new Lenses daily created by the Snapchat community!
• Stay in touch with friends through live messaging, or share your day with Group Stories.
• Video Chat with up to 16 friends at once — you can even use Lenses and Filters when chatting!
• Express yourself with Friendmojis — exclusive Bitmoji made just for you and a friend.
• Watch friends' Stories to see their day unfold.
• See Stories from the Snapchat community that are based on your interests.
• Discover breaking news and exclusive Original Shows.
• Spotlight showcases the best of Snapchat!
• Submit your own Snaps or sit back, relax, and watch.
• Pick your favorites and share them with friends.
• Share your location with your best friends or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
• See what your friends are up to on your most personal map when they share their location with you.
• Explore live Stories from the community nearby or across the world!
• Save unlimited photos and videos of all your favorite moments.
• Edit and send old moments to friends or save them to your Camera Roll.
• Create Stories from your favorite Memories to share with friends and family.
• Every friendship has its own special profile to see the moments you’ve saved together.
• Discover new things you have in common with Charms — see how long you’ve been friends, your astrological compatibility, your Bitmoji fashion sense, and more!
• Friendship Profiles are just between you and a friend, so you can bond over what makes your friendship special.
• • •
Please note: Snapchatters can always capture or save your messages by taking a screenshot, using a camera, or otherwise. Be mindful of what you Snap!
For a full description of our privacy practices, please see our Privacy Center.
Snapchat App User Reviews
What do you think about Snapchat app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Snapchat!
Please wait! Facebook Snapchat app comments loading...
✓ Great! just a few minor thingsI’d like to start off and start Snapchat is a great app, it can record videos, take photos and you can watch a feature on it called ‘Spotlight’ which is like Tiktok. one thing i has trouble with was the captions, the transcript of a video. i saw that you could add transcript to videos that you’ve recorded and i was i say you invested but when i tried to add transcript to my video the other day the option wasn’t there for it. the option to add captions is two quotation marks “ you can press on it to enable transcript. i wanted to add it there and it wasn’t there, i would like to know why that is? i’ve done research and i’m still not sure why it doesn’t appear, could someone help?.Version: 220.127.116.11
✓ Album Access5/5 can’t complain. Perfectly good social media and messaging platform. My suggestion is organising camera roll access into albums such that when a user wants to send an image into the chat, instead of a new-old stream, its first organised into any albums the user might have. The suggestion is mostly driven by how commonly memes are thrown into the middle of a chat. Some are used in place of saying anything but most are reactionary and/or are saying something themselves. The only hiccup to this interaction is having to scroll through the camera roll to find the right one which can often take too long. If the user had access to folders that have been curated for different times, it would make messaging just that little bit more streamlined..Version: 10.81.6.81✓ Snapchat Positive Reviews
✗ Locking my Snapchat account.I’m quite disappointed with the snap chat team. I created my snap chat account 10 years ago & I’ve never had an issue with it until now. I was logged out of my account & when I tried to log back in it said my account was temporally Locked due to Suspicious activity. I went onto a page it advised me to , an said I can unlock my account. Now when I type in the details to have my account unlocked - it says successful , but then when I try to log back in . It continues to say my account is Locked . I have reached out to snap chat through email 5 times and I’ve had no response to what is going on with my account. I’m very disappointed as I’ve got 10 years worth of photos / videos that have been saved on my snap which are sentimental to me. I’m lost on what I can do in this situation as I’m quite annoyed. I’ve never had an issue or been spoken to by snap chat previously. So what is going on with my account ? The snap chat team seem to be quick to remove accounts but can’t answer to emails that have been sent every 24hours because I’m getting no response and I’m having high anxiety due to this..Version: 18.104.22.168
✗ The update was a mistakeI’ve used snapchat for a long time and the recent update is almost enough to make me stop using the app altogether, as well as many other users. it’s design and function is absolutely confounding and the new “improved” access to snap maps is irrelevant and an unnecessary feature - there is no way to access chats without opening snaps, which impedes on the quality of the app: often i’ll find myself checking the chats FIRST before opening the snaps, making it easier to contact friends or understand what they have or are about to send - however this option has been taken away, now most videos are disregarded as users will tap through to get to the text. understandably the core function of the app is messaging via pictures, however Snapchat’s lack of regard for user needs and compatibilities really does take away the ease and accessibility of the app, making other platforms like Instagram, which allow both text and photo messages to be accessed respectively, a more viable option. Please revert back to the previous design and functions - the app is losing credibility.Version: 10.88.0.60✗ Snapchat Negative Reviews
Is Snapchat legit?
✅ Yes. Snapchat is legit, but not 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 1,021,501 Snapchat user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Snapchat is 68.0/100.
Is Snapchat safe?
✅ Yes. Snapchat is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 1,021,501 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 3.5/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Snapchat is 70.0/100.
Should I download Snapchat?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes Snapchat a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
Product details of Snapchat
- App Name:
- Snap, Inc.
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 12+ May contain content unsuitable for children under the age of 12!
- AR BN DA NL EN FI FR DE EL GU HI ID IT JA KN KO MS ML MR NB PL PT PA RO RU ZH ES SV TA TE TH ZH TR UR VI
- App Size:
- 247.31 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 13 July 2011, Wednesday
- Last Update:
- 27 June 2022, Monday - 11:05
- IOS 12.0 or later