What is United Airlines? Description of United Airlines 2662 chars
Say hello to our redesigned United app.
With our everchanging environment and the need more than ever to empower our customers with more ability to self-serve and stay informed, we’ve worked to enhance our United app to deliver information more consistently, timelier and easier than before for all users – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- Our redesigned app will now deliver information you need more consistently than ever before with improved navigation for a more seamless experience. The design updates also serve as a complement to our enhanced accessibility support for screen readers.
- During your trip, our app home screen gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information, for all users whether you’re signed in or not. When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you and stay up to date on your flight status through our push notifications delivered directly to your inbox.
Manage your MileagePlus® account
- Enroll in MileagePlus and check out our newly envisioned “My account” experience. You can also earn miles with MileagePlus programs and use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money, award miles or even your electronic travel certificates.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app, all through the “My trips” section.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
- Use our Travel-Ready Center to navigate everything needed for travel. Learn about COVID-19 travel requirements and upload the necessary test results, vaccine documentation, and destination entry forms. It even integrates with Apple Health, allowing you to seamlessly provide your proof of vaccination.
- Message our contact center directly through the Contact Us section in the app.
United Airlines App User Reviews
What do you think about United Airlines app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about United Airlines!
Please wait! Facebook United Airlines app comments loading...
United Airlines Pros
✓ Thank you - again.You guys are all wonderful. Thank you so much…...Version: 4.1.47
✓ Abysmal customer service - do not flyI have been a United Mileage Plus member for 6 years and flown almost exclusively United. Huge mistake. Due to a technical issue on a United Aircraft on Oct 6, 2019, I was stranded over night away from home. I spent two + hours on the phone with “customer care” and the best offer I received was that United Airlines the would “change the waive fee” for a flight the next day. No hotel, no offer to put me on a different airline, no compensation for Uber to and from the airport or meals. Nothing. Truly abysmal way to treat a long-time (now former) customer. Especially when I saw (on the same trip! on the way to my destination) a man get offered $500 in compensation to take the next flight out. At his convenience. When I was very much inconvenienced, at United’s pleasure, I was offered nothing, even upon request. My girlfriend was stranded the same day in another city on American Airlines and she was offered a hotel voucher, Uber voucher, and a meal. She didn’t even have to ask. FLY ANY OTHER AIRLINE!.Version: 3.0.21✓ United Airlines Positive Reviews
United Airlines Cons
✗ Only accepts US cardsThis slow laggy app is appallingly bad. I couldn’t add bags during purchase (why?!?) so I had to add checked in bags at check in time, while I’m already travelling on my previous flight. The app doesn’t accept card outside the USA (or Guam or Puerto Rico) and Apple Pay doesn’t work. Frustrating experience to say the least!.Version: 4.1.36
✗ Total joke to checking in onlineI always checkin 24 hours before departure on any flight. I purchased my ticket knowing I did not need to bring a carryon bag or check in anything. I do this because I like to go straight through security and have my boarding pass with me on my phone, and when I land head straight to my shuttle without waiting for baggage and head straight to work. However, trying to check in with United they say because I didn’t have a carryon or checked bag I need to see a ticket agent for my boarding pass! The whole point of basic economy was to not bringing anything to check in. So this forced me to purchase a carryon. So I do, and pay the extra $30, (which was the only charge the representative over the phone informed me of) and I will walk my carryon to the gate with me as I do with all other airlines. But, United says they will still force me to pay an extra $25 gate handling fee on top of the $30 to have them carry it from gate as I board to the plane. What is the definition of a carryon if I don’t carry it on and off myself!? Now I have to wait at baggage claim at my destination to get my carryon?! Ridiculous! Huge joke and will try my best to never fly United! Just another reason to fly a different airline. Thanks but no thanks! United I stand with all my family and friends to never fly United airlines with this experience..Version: 3.0.14✗ United Airlines Negative Reviews
Is United Airlines legit?
✅ Yes. United Airlines is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 4,865,497 United Airlines user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for United Airlines is 91.2/100.
Is United Airlines safe?
✅ Yes. United Airlines is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 4,865,497 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.7/5. AppSupports Safety Score for United Airlines is 93.2/100.
Should I download United Airlines?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes United Airlines a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
United Airlines Screenshots
Product details of United Airlines
- App Name:
- United Airlines
- United Airlines
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- App Size:
- 408.69 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 20 July 2011, Wednesday
- Last Update:
- 19 October 2022, Wednesday - 18:36
- IOS 14.0 or later
We continue to make enhancements to help make your travels more seamless and to provide more opportunities to self-serve. In this release, we added the ability to add your Canadian Traveler number while checking in. In addition, you can now add your ....