What is LiveBPM - Beat Detector? Description of LiveBPM - Beat Detector 3860 chars
Sharpen your sense of time! liveBPM is the tempo monitoring tool for drummers, bands and DJs. It detects music and beats via the microphone and continuously displays the current tempo in beats per minute (BPM). It is easy to use and delivers high-quality results while being energy efficient.
=== What users said about liveBPM ===
John Walden, freelance musician and music technology journalist at musicappblog.com:
"There are three obvious applications for the app. First, it would make a brilliant practice tool for a drummer, allowing them to monitor just how good they are at keeping a steady tempo without the aid of a click track to guide them. Second, sat beside your kit during a performance, it would allow you to judge just how well you are hitting the ideal tempo for each song in your set. It’s not just drummers that can benefit for liveBPM as the third use is in mapping the tempo – and any tempo changes – in commercial recordings. While this is useful for drummers, it is instructional for almost any musician."
"I used this at my last band practice and wasn't expecting it to work. I couldn't believe how quickly and accurately it started tracking the bpm, even despite the very loud volume of our music."
"I am a professional drummer and I have been looking for something like this for years! Unless your playing with backing tracks or recording, Playing with a Click is too Mechanical. This app allows the tempo to breathe, and its like a little angel on your shoulder telling you the band is speeding up or slowing down. It is totally worth the money."
"I have used this about five gigs now and have quit using my previous tempo meter. I used both for a few gigs to test the accuracy. Dead on. Thanks! Every drummer should use this."
"This has been very helpful for recording. thanks!"
=== Detailed Description ===
This is a tool designed for professional use:
- Well-tested beat detection engine guarantees trustworthiness
- Can handle most genres
- Produces results accurate to within 0.1 BPM under the following conditions:
-- The tempo is constant or almost constant
-- Strong impulses are defining the beat (drums, accentuated rhythm instruments like bass/guitar, etc.)
- Tempo curve shows the development of tempo over time
- Multiple zoom modes to show last 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20 or 30 minutes
- Advanced audio spectrum analysis via FFT
- More accessible and usually more accurate than BPM counters that function through tapping
- Low battery drain thanks to high performance code and efficient algorithms
Using it as a musician:
- Use it as an objective tempo reference like a metronome
- It actually has several advantages over a metronome:
-- You are not tied to a click, giving you more flexibility
-- Helps you use tempo changes to enhance your musical expression
-- With blind tests, it can massively improve your timing confidence, which is especially important if you are in a tempo leading role (e.g. drummer)
- Discover how/whether your favorite artists use tempo changes
- Measure and improve your time-keeping skills
- Identify slowdowns and speedups while practicing your instrument
- Always be in control of the tempo during your live gigs and rehearsals
- Power Button: For freezing the tempo curve and minimizing battery drain
- Clear Button: Clears the tempo curve
- Slider: Adjusts the target tempo range (i.e. 80-160 BPM)
- Zoom Buttons: Switch between zoom modes for the tempo curve. (2-30 minutes)
- You can check and improve the detection by clapping loud to the beat. Also, results can be improved by plugging in a suitable external microphone.
- You can support my work by rating it on the App Store. If you have questions and/or suggestions, feel free to contact me via e-mail or facebook.
- LiveBPM - Beat Detector App User Reviews
- LiveBPM - Beat Detector Pros
- LiveBPM - Beat Detector Cons
- Is LiveBPM - Beat Detector legit?
- Should I download LiveBPM - Beat Detector?
- LiveBPM - Beat Detector Screenshots
- Product details of LiveBPM - Beat Detector
LiveBPM - Beat Detector App User Reviews
What do you think about LiveBPM - Beat Detector app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about LiveBPM - Beat Detector!
Please wait! Facebook LiveBPM - Beat Detector app comments loading...
LiveBPM - Beat Detector Pros
✓ Fantastic super useful music applicationI use it in a couple of different ways. One of the ways I use it as a songwriter is when I get a work tape from a writing session I play it back and then use liveBPM to determine the BPM of the song so I can then pull it into my Studio One DAW and then use the tempo detected by LiveBPM to produce the demo. So much more efficient and time saving to use liveBPM rather than trying to guess the tempo and trial and error using a metronome. It’s also very useful in a live club situation where I’ve used it to research which popular song tempos resonate with different demographics in different genres of music..Version: 1.2.1
✓ Love using this app.I'm a performing drummer and use this app to help keep an eye on the bands tempo. It really is unique in listening to the tempos and displaying them. I would recommend it. There are few things that could use updating. But overall it is a winner..Version: 1.2.1✓ LiveBPM - Beat Detector Positive Reviews
LiveBPM - Beat Detector Cons
✗ InconsistentDoesn’t consistently register a beat. Especially when streaming a song on the IOS device. Only works in landscape mode on the iPhone..Version: 1.2.1
✗ But you can never leave …..A friend brought his to a session, and I found it useful and download my own copy. It works when I run it. But the app switcher on my iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 16.2) doesn’t work within live BPM. It works with all my other applications. The only way I found to exit is to shut down my phone and reboot. Not good. I found no way other than Facebook to contact the creator Daniel Bach. Not so good for those of us that choose not to sell our soul to Meta. Updated: 4/5/23 App developer Daniel Bach offered this help: “the app is closed by swiping in the orthogonal direction, like all apps running in landscape mode”. This is the only app I have that runs only in landscape mode, and a Google search didn’t offer much insight. But with experimentation I found fix. A greyed out bar appears at the bottom of the landscape mode screen. One upward swipe turns the bar from grey to white, and a second upward swipe get you back to the Home Screen..Version: 1.2.1✗ LiveBPM - Beat Detector Negative Reviews
Is LiveBPM - Beat Detector legit?
✅ Yes. LiveBPM - Beat Detector is legit, but not 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 146 LiveBPM - Beat Detector user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for LiveBPM - Beat Detector is 74.6/100.
Is LiveBPM - Beat Detector safe?
✅ Yes. LiveBPM - Beat Detector is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 146 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 3.9/5. AppSupports Safety Score for LiveBPM - Beat Detector is 77.1/100.
Should I download LiveBPM - Beat Detector?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes LiveBPM - Beat Detector a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
LiveBPM - Beat Detector Screenshots
Product details of LiveBPM - Beat Detector
- App Name:
- LiveBPM - Beat Detector
- App Version:
- Daniel Bach
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- App Size:
- 888.00 KB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 31 August 2012, Friday
- Last Update:
- 09 May 2017, Tuesday - 17:18
- IOS 7.0 or later
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon. - added 64 bit support to improve performance on current hardware and to ensure compatibility for iOS 11 - fixed a bug where during startup, the audio output would move to the s....