What is Google Photos? Description of Google Photos 3267 chars
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Every Google Account comes with 15 GB of free storage and you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos in High quality or Original quality. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you. All photos and videos you back up in High quality before June 1, 2021 will not count toward your Google Account storage.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
Google Photos App User Reviews
What do you think about Google Photos app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Google Photos!
Please wait! Facebook Google Photos app comments loading...
Google Photos Pros
✓ Tim's ReviewThis photo programme with its various assistant, album, options including the music to slideshows and background to movies is simply BRILLIANT ! It gives us a lot of pleasure having our memories loaded and so easily assessable and in high definition. Thankyou kindly, Tim Newman Disaster has struck this morning! My Photo Albums have disappeared from ‘Library’ in my IPadPro. I cannot retrieve them now. Google Photos has been resting overnight and this loss has occurred during that time..Version: 5.93
✓ Grouping requestThis app is great. Can I please request that sometimes the grouping does not work correctly. When a new person is created and they do not come up in the search they are added twice. Can you please add a merge function to add the two people if the same name is created twice. Can we also have in the new feature section for rotating that when a similar face is shown it only learns when you click on the persons profile to group the same person. Can we have this same person suggestion appear in the new section so that the click through can be carried out without having to click on each person. Thank you.Version: 4.25✓ Google Photos Positive Reviews
Google Photos Cons
✗ Yet another appThat’s defying it’s own mission statement. They chose to say never run out of space again. Now there will no longer be free storage (beyond a pitiful amount). Well, guess what? You broke your own promise..Version: 5.19
✗ Won’t be free as of June 2021Google did the classic bait and switch. They got us hooked on the free photo backup, then forces us to pay..Version: 5.38✗ Google Photos Negative Reviews
Is Google Photos legit?
✅ Yes. Google Photos is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 353,480 Google Photos user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Google Photos is 84.8/100.
Is Google Photos safe?
✅ Yes. Google Photos is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 353,480 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.6/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Google Photos is 89.3/100.
Should I download Google Photos?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes Google Photos a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
Google Photos Screenshots
Product details of Google Photos
- App Name:
- Google Photos
- Google LLC
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- Photo & Video
- AR CA HR CS DA NL EN FI FR DE EL HE HI HU ID IT JA KO MS NB FA PL PT RO RU ZH SK ES SV TH ZH TR UK VI
- App Size:
- 208.61 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 28 May 2015, Thursday
- Last Update:
- 02 July 2022, Saturday - 17:02
- IOS 14.0 or later
Thanks for using Google Photos. This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements. We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to ensure your photos are automatically organized and up-to-date..