What is Google Photos? Description of Google Photos 3267 chars
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Every Google Account comes with 15 GB of free storage and you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos in High quality or Original quality. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you. All photos and videos you back up in High quality before June 1, 2021 will not count toward your Google Account storage.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
Google Photos App User Reviews
What do you think about Google Photos app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Google Photos!
Please wait! Facebook Google Photos app comments loading...
Google Photos Pros
✓ I love it BUT ...I absolutely love Google Photos! I haven’t had a problem with anything until recently. I’ve never used another cloud service except Google that I knew about until I discovered one day after my phone was stolen that was not the case. I got a newer Samsung phone a couple years ago and when setting the phone up I logged into everything from google, Samsung, Microsoft.. whatever.. anyways every now and then I’d get on my google account and back up whatever data created since the last time and I’m almost positive that meant contacts and photos as well. Well after my phone was stolen and I tried accessing some of the things I was looking for like photos and contacts and to my surprise NOTHING was there from the Samsung phone! Honestly, this is a little bit of my fault as well for a lack of knowledge.. i thankfully found the photos I was SOOO happy to have found in the one drive app. Not sure how my photos got sent to that cloud instead of google but it’s definitely something I’m aware of now and will pay attention to. Other than that little scare .. I’m grateful for this app..Version: 5.22
✓ Organizes your visual life impeccably with little to no work on your part!Google photos does a very good job of backing up unlimited amounts of photos and videos for free. It doesn’t end there! Google photos does a great job of recognizing faces places and objects on demand. Another great feature about this app is the fact that one can go on a trip and within a day or two of returning, google photos has prepared a photo album that you can edit, caption, and add to based on the geo tag of each photo. As if all of that wasn’t enough, google photos allows you to edit your photos and videos within the app, save them, and then share a single photo/video or groups of them with friends or family via a web link. This gives you total control of what others see. The fact that google photos is secured with your Gmail address and password, means that you can login to view your photos practically anywhere you have an Internet connection. Best photo and video software I have ever used...in fact, everyone else is rushing to copy features already perfected here. Try it. You'll like it. Promise..Version: 3.29✓ Google Photos Positive Reviews
Google Photos Cons
✗ InvasiveNow won’t allow you even access the app to view previously shared photos, unless you give the app full access to all your photos. They do not need this access, and don’t provide a valid reason for it. It’s scammy and invasive..Version: 5.52
✗ Google needs to put more effort into PhotosGoogle photos is very clumsy and quite variable across different platforms. In fact it has not evolved much since picassa - and google destroyed a lot of its credibility when it withdrew support for picassa. And then launched Google photos which is about the same - go figure??? The things i hate include Its hard to find where your files are stored. Facial recognition is slow and adding names on a PC is haphazard. Movies dont have music or any panning - in fact they are really dull. Locations dont allow you to select locations on google maps. Etc etc etc All in all apple photos is a much more pleasant platform- somerhing i am really frustrated by because i chose to go with google photos..Version: 5.62✗ Google Photos Negative Reviews
Is Google Photos legit?
✅ Yes. Google Photos is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 365,724 Google Photos user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Google Photos is 84.6/100.
Is Google Photos safe?
✅ Yes. Google Photos is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 365,724 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.6/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Google Photos is 89.1/100.
Should I download Google Photos?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes Google Photos a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
Google Photos Screenshots
Product details of Google Photos
- App Name:
- Google Photos
- Google LLC
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- Photo & Video
- AR CA HR CS DA NL EN FI FR DE EL HE HI HU ID IT JA KO MS NB FA PL PT RO RU ZH SK ES SV TH ZH TR UK VI
- App Size:
- 224.69 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 28 May 2015, Thursday
- Last Update:
- 20 October 2022, Thursday - 22:41
- IOS 15.0 or later
Thanks for using Google Photos. This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements. We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to provide a more powerful search experience..