- 84.5LEGITIMACY SCORE
- 89.0SAFETY SCORE
- 4+CONTENT RATING
What is Google Photos? Description of Google Photos 3267 chars
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Every Google Account comes with 15 GB of free storage and you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos in High quality or Original quality. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you. All photos and videos you back up in High quality before June 1, 2021 will not count toward your Google Account storage.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
Google Photos App User Reviews
What do you think about Google Photos app? Ask the appsupports.co community a question about Google Photos!
Please wait! Facebook Google Photos app comments loading...
Google Photos Pros
✓ Google Photos is fabulous!Such a simple way to keep your photos/videos all together in one handy and easily accessible place. Also love the rotation and clutter clearing suggestions of photos, movies, collages, comparison images of previous the to now, etc. All editions and created by google photos for you to view, choose and save at your own leisure...how cool is that!?.Version: 3.6.0
✓ I love google photosThis app really is both a major convenience, and a lifesaver. Whether you’re trying to combat the possibility that your phone might break and you want to salvage all of your photos, or an easy place to store and organize ALL of your photos, or just a way to save local space on your device, Google Photos is the perfect service for the job. I've taken thousands of photos as well and have still not needed to purchase any of the (cheap) extra storage offered by Google. The personalized photo recommendations, and suggested stylized photos are very well done, as well as the automatic grouping of albums by location (which you can turn off if you’d like your location of photos to remain unknown) , and ability to easily order photo books and photo prints in app. I can attest to the photo books looking good as well, as I have ordered one in the past. Can’t speak to the quality of the prints though, although I’m sure they're of a similar degree of quality. All in all, I have no complaints about Google Photos, and multiple praises of it. The fact that my honest review reads as an advertisement probably says a lot lol. Great app..Version: 4.35✓ Google Photos Positive Reviews
Google Photos Cons
✗ Google photo is terribleWhy do you have to make it so complicated and confusing. Why does this software resist me most of the time? Why can I not simply move my photo files around as I see fit, just like the file manager in Windows, add, delete, move single photo files, strings of files, folders with files, trees of folders, anything? From my computer to my Google cloud setup for photos or any other kind of files? Or move photos into the cloud from an email or text message, or from a usb key? Once in the cloud, why can I not set up my own folders and move files/photos in and out of those as I see fit? Why can you not make it simple and straightforward? I am very frustrated!.Version: 4.26.2
✗ Below average app, extremely poor given Google Devs are behind the wheelThere are so many areas ‘Needing’ improvements! Some areas are simply hanging about in some form of inefficient ‘angsty, loitering teenager wanting attention’ fashion and other areas that would, if tweaked, would offer a touch of class; all of, any or even just a few changes would benefit overall look and feel. Areas ripe for development appear to remain unidentified, subsequently neglected with zero enhancement opportunity realised. It begs for an injection of, sorry - an aggressive, high-freq, high-dosed course of - innovation which could and would bring this app forward and thus far closer to the standard which Google should demonstrate instinctively. From the UI to the background operations to the basic functionality through to enhanced functionality, user privileges through to the customer journey, the overall experience and bespoke customisation, skins, editing tools and plugins... and almost everything in between...simply requires ‘more’..Version: 3.29✗ Google Photos Negative Reviews
Is Google Photos legit?
✅ Yes. Google Photos is 100% legit to us. This conclusion was arrived at by running over 377,270 Google Photos user reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. Based on this, AppSupports Legitimacy Score for Google Photos is 84.5/100.
Is Google Photos safe?
✅ Yes. Google Photos is quiet safe to use. This is based on our NLP analysis of over 377,270 user reviews sourced from the IOS appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.6/5. AppSupports Safety Score for Google Photos is 89.0/100.
Should I download Google Photos?
✅ There have been no security reports that makes Google Photos a dangerous app to use on your smartphone right now.
Google Photos Screenshots
Product details of Google Photos
- App Name:
- Google Photos
- Google LLC
- Legitimacy Score:
- Safety Score:
- Content Rating:
- 4+ Contains no objectionable material!
- Photo & Video
- AR CA HR CS DA NL EN FI FR DE EL HE HI HU ID IT JA KO MS NB FA PL PT RO RU ZH SK ES SV TH ZH TR UK VI
- App Size:
- 233.48 MB
- Bundle Id:
- Relase Date:
- 28 May 2015, Thursday
- Last Update:
- 03 March 2023, Friday - 01:12
- IOS 15.0 or later
Thanks for using Google Photos. This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements. We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to ensure you can continue to share the moments that matter..